This month the following research on herbs and health has caught my eye.
1. A new research study has confirmed that the traditional use of using feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium) to treat migraines works when applied in a modern clinical setting.
2. A recent study regarding the treatment androgenetic alopecia (often know as male-pattern baldness) found that rosemary oil worked as well as the drug minoxidil.
3. A new set of studies in the USA has found that an extract of Ginkgo reduced anxiety and depression in patients.
4. A cream containing lavender, peppermint, black pepper and marjoram essential oils was found to relieve neck pain in patients in a study in Taiwan.
5. The medicinal mushroom Ganoderma lucidum has been studied recently for its powerful anti-inflammatory actions and if those effects could be isolated and made into a new drug.
6. A new research study in Switzerland has linked anti-depressant use to seizures.
7. A new study in China has found that St John’s wort is effective at reducing menopausal symptoms.