This month the following research on herbs and health has caught my eye.
1. A new study at Harvard Medical centre has shown that mindfulness meditation has increased brain functioning in patients with Alzheimer’s.
2. A new scientific study found that nettle helped control the blood sugar of patients with type 2 diabetes.
3. Doctors in the USA are using new online tools to assess whether herbs should be recommended to their cancer patients alongside their orthodox treatment.
4. A new scientific study in the USA has found that women who took multivitamins with minerals and then developed breast cancer had a better survival rate.
5. A new laboratory study of turmeric has shown that it could be used to manufacture new antibiotics against MRSA.
6. Herbal constituents in ginger have been found in a laboratory study to inhibit the growth of prostate cancer cells.