The following research on herbs and health has caught my eye.
1. New research shows that mindfulness may be an alternative to antidepressant use.
- 2. Clostridium difficile is a bacterial infection that is often present in hospitals and health care environments and can cause diarrhoea and fever. A new study has found that pomegranate reduced the C. difficile bacteria and could be used as a preventative.
3. A new study has found that garlic, aloe vera and gotu kola are effective to treat burn wounds and are being considered for future drug production.
4. A new laboratory study has found that lemon balm reduces colon cancer cells.
6. A new study in the USA has found a link between statin use and an increase in diabetes and diabetes complications.
8. A new study in the USA has found that using lavender essential oil either in a foot bath or as a cream can reduce anxiety and stress in pregnant women.
10. A new study has found that women taking fennel capsules over three months, had reduced period pain, reduced nausea and reduced length of menstruation.