In November and December the following health research has caught my eye.
1. A new study showed that Andrographis reduced triglyceride levels in patients with raised triglyceride levels (one of the measurements of high cholesterol).
2. A new study of celery seed has shown that when given to patients with arthritis, it reduced pain and inflammation to a greater extent than aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen.
3. A new study has shown that Ginkgo improved attention spans of children with ADHD and hyperactivity.
4. Turmeric has been shown to be effective at treating premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
5.Holy basil has been found to improve cognitive function and reduce stress in healthy people.
6. A new study has shown that patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy for head and neck cancer with radiation dermatitis, were treated effectively with a combination of St John’s wort and neem oil.