What is a mentor?
A mentor is defined as “an experienced and trusted advisor”. With each mentor-student relationship being different, because the two parts of the affiliation are always two different individuals.
Why work with a mentor?
• They can support you through difficult courses (if you are a student), or difficult areas of home study.
• They can support you working through case studies (if you are a student or a new practitioner).
• They offer encouragement for your development and reaching your own goals.
• They offer their expertise in many different areas, e.g. medicine making, business creation, case management.
Who can work with a mentor?
A mentor can be useful at any stage of your herbal journey, whether you’re a new student looking for support and guidance, a complete beginner looking for one to one advice and learning, or a newly qualified herbalist looking for support.
Why work with me?
I have a real passion for bringing out the best in the students and practitioners I work with. Often showing them parts of themselves they didn’t realise they had.
You can read more about me and the work I do here.
What does the mentorship programme include?
• Access to my Herbal Hive online library.
• Monthly online chats (1 hour sessions).
• Email correspondence for questions.
• Creating a personal action plan and setting achievable goals.
How much does it cost?
In this option 4 – 5 students work together with me at one time.
• Initial cost is £25 per student
• Monthly cost is £20 per student
This is a great saving and has the added benefit of meeting (online) and sharing your experiences with a close knit group of individuals with similar interests. A great way to make herbal friends.
One to one option
• Initial meeting (online) – 1 – 2 hours £100
• Monthly fee £50
Please note: There is no time obligation, you are welcome to work with me for one session or 50 sessions, that’s completely up to you and what your requirements are.
How do you apply?
Please note places on the mentorship programme are limited and assessed on a case by case basis.
Did you know I also run courses for professional herbalists?
Whether you’re a newly qualified herbalist, a student herbalist or you’ve been in practice for years, hopefully you’ll find something to build on your existing skills.