Herbal Medicine Research blog – September 2016
It’s been a little while since I’ve written a research blog but here are some research articles that have interested me recently.
1. A new trial is currently taking place in Australia, where young adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) are being given water hyssop (Bacopa monnieri) instead of pharmaceutical drugs.
2. A follow up study in Brazil has confirmed that using Calendula can both prevent and treat radio dermatitis for patients undergoing radiotherapy.
3. A new analysis of mistletoe has shown that it could be used to treat arthritis and liver disease as well as to reduce blood pressure and reduce tumour growth.
4. Ginger and artichoke have been found recently to increase gastric motility, in the treatment of functional dyspepsia.
5. New research has confirmed the link between exercise and improved cognition and mood.
6. Onion juice has been found to lower cholesterol in a new study.
7. A new study in China has shown that medicinal mushrooms have a direct action on reducing cancer cells, rather than simply boosting the immune system to fight cancer.
8. Seaweed could be the answer to reducing obesity, a new study has shown as seaweeds change processes in the gastrointestinal tract.